ALQIMI National Security, Inc. HVAC TABS INSPECTOR in Santa Rita, Guam
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an HVAC/TABS Inspector for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
Position: HVAC/TABS Inspector
Under the task order, the contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)/Testing and Balancing (TABS) Inspection services support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Inspect completed HVAC/TABS work, work in progress and prior installed work to ensure that the construction contractor is in conformance with the contract specifications and industry standards.
- Ensure that the construction contractor has sufficiently addressed all deficiencies prior to commissioning HVAC/TABS.
- Review service calls and recommend whether equipment installed during HVAC/TABS repairs was covered by applicable warranty provisions.
- Recommend/diagnosis whether the need for a HVAC/TABS repair resulted from normal wear and tear, deficiencies with installation or faulty maintenance.
- Recommend whether the government should approve requests to substitute materials/equipment during maintenance or repair of HVAC/TABS.
- Provide various assistance to the Commissioning team upon request.
- Assist Navy personnel with oversight of construction contractor efforts/ progress with HVAC/TABS installation and any issues or delays occurring.
- Reviewing HVAC construction submittals when requested by FEAD staff.
- Be a certified HVAC Technician. (Having a North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification, while not required, is preferred.) Possess an EPA Universal Certification prior to reporting to the project.
- Have demonstrated experience and knowledge of NAVFAC’s Energy and Retro-commissioning initiatives.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of inspection techniques and the use of any necessary instruments/equipment required to examine or oversee examination of a wide variety of HVAC/TABS conditions.
- Possess knowledge of mechanical trades required to install and maintain HVAC especially electrical and plumbing system components.
- Have demonstrated the ability to interpret specifications/drawings and project requirements as outlined in technical manuals and in pertinent sections of the contract drawings/specifications.
- Have demonstrated the ability to operate specially designed instruments and measuring devices required in HVAC and TABS inspections (such as: psychrometer, light meter, ammeter, electronic thermometer, alnor meter, and computerized 600 station HVAC monitoring system).
- Have demonstrated the ability to recommend corrective actions when HVAC equipment is not operating within recommended performance levels.
- Have the ability to inspect HVAC, electrical, plumbing and hydraulic systems to ensure that they are in good mechanical operation and installed/repaired according to plans and specifications and industry standards for workmanship.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of the requirements for installation, repair and alteration of electrical wiring and facilities (including high voltage systems) and the overhaul and major repair of HVAC/refrigeration equipment.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- Have demonstrated the ability to recognize when the construction contractor is selecting the proper tools and equipment.
- Have demonstrated the ability to determine the quality characteristics, specifications and tolerances of the mechanical equipment to be inspected.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to successfully complete the SF-85-P, Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.
Title: HVAC TABS INSPECTOR
Job Location: Santa Rita, Guam