ALQIMI National Security, Inc. Construction Safety Oversight Coordinator in Santa Rita, Guam
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an Construction Safety Oversight Coordinator for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
POSITION: Construction Safety Oversight Coordinator
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director/Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of construction safety oversight support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Monitor the construction contractor’s compliance with the version of the EM385-1-1 that is current at the time of project award.
- Monitor the contractor’s compliance with local safety procedures/local government regulations where those regulations are more stringent than the EM385-1-1.
- Perform a variety of safety inspections on various construction projects within the NAVFAC Pacific Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Remain current with knowledge of NAVFAC Safety Division policies and procedures regarding safety oversight and accident reporting and, the required timing and content for submission of accident/hazard reports.
- Assist the Government with the technical clarification of standards and drafting explanations of NAVFAC safety policy for construction contractors.
- Have the ability to communicate in English effectively orally and in writing
- Have at least one (1) year of specialized experience in performing the tasks identified herein for NAVFAC Capital Improvements related projects for the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of construction practices and techniques, e.g., proper applications of construction materials and methods of installation.
- Utilize a computer to conduct research and enter data as required/requested for each site inspection.
- Have demonstrated the ability to analyze work processes and conditions, identifying and eliminating/controlling safety and occupational health hazards pertaining to construction.
- Possess the following training and certifications:
- 30-hour OSHA construction safety class within the last 5 years.
- 40-hour Construction Safety Hazard Awareness Training within the last 3 years.
- Have obtained at least 24 hours of formal safety training each year for the past 5 years with training for competent person status for at least the following areas of competency:
- Fall protection
- Hazardous Energy
- Confined Space
- Health hazard recognition, evaluation and control of chemical, physical and biological agents
- Have demonstrated knowledge of the latest U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ safety publications (including but not limited to EM385-1-1, OSHA safety requirements) as well as all other applicable national health and safety regulations, codes and standards.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- The Government may approve the assignment of foreign nationals to select positions on a particular task order.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as the SSHO (Site Safety and Health Officer) on large (over $5M) projects.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties and have sufficient vision to identify safety concerns.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.
Title: Construction Safety Oversight Coordinator
Job Location: Santa Rita, Guam